Wednesday 4 June 2014

WORDLE

I use it as an assessment activity at the end of a topic, alongside concept maps from all groups in a class.It's COOL! Good visual representation of themes, versatile Focus on key words, ideas, themes. Fun to play around with font, color, layout. Can use to check own work for repetition. Visual representation. Cognitive and Concept mapping. Makes the "difficult" manageable. Shows strength of words. I use Wordle to summarize texts and as an interesting way to present my class with keywords. As a starter for students to try and guess where we're going with our lesson and create their own learning outcomes. I use Wordle as warm up. I hate the question, "What are we doing today." I give word clues about what we are doing in class. Then I use it for discussions. Sometime it can be used for mind-mapping before introducing a new topic. Here are some examples:
This one was done while we were working on the topic "Education". Students tried to come up with a range of words related to education and then we created this wall together.

No comments:

Post a Comment